Beginning in late 2019, Downtown Lansing installed solar-powered pay stations for on-street parking, moving away from the previous parking meters. This tutorial from the City of Lansing will assist you on how to use these new pay stations. You can visit the City of Lansing’s website here to read more.
How it works:
- Park your vehicle as usual.
- Make a note of your license plate number.
- Look for any conveniently located pay station.
- Press the start key to “wake” the unit up from power save mode.
- Using the key pad enter your license plate number and zone number your vehicle is located in, then press the green check mark button to confirm.
- Insert your pay method of change or credit/debit card.
- Select your stay time using the blue “-” and “+” buttons shown on the keypad. Press the red cancel button if you need to start over.
- Press the green button on the keypad to confirm stay time and your receipt will be printed.
- Take your receipt with you. The time your parking expires is printed right on the receipt.