Guardianships & Conservatorships


If your loved one cannot make appropriate health care, housing, or financial decisions, he or she may need a guardian and conservator. If designations of an agent, patient advocate, or trustee are not already in place for your loved one, you may need the probate court to appoint you as guardian, conservator, or both.

Our team is ready to help you obtain, modify or terminate guardianships or conservatorships for both minors and adults. Our Trusts & Estates attorneys routinely handle all aspects of contested and uncontested petitions. We also work with families of developmentally disabled individuals to obtain plenary or partial guardianships of the person or estate of their loved one.