As we age, we have unique legal needs that need to be addressed. Elder Law encompasses many of the issues and decisions affecting senior living, including taking steps to preserve independence for as long as possible, appointing an agent to act on your behalf when you are unable to do so for yourself, planning for long term care, and preservation of assets. Our attorneys are experienced in Elder Law planning and the issues aging families face. We can assist you in making the proper plans for your unique situation and offer a sense of relief when navigating these challenging, and often emotionally sensitive, issues.
Some of the areas where our elder law attorneys can help you include:
- Preparing Durable Power of Attorney for financial matters.
- Preparing Designations of Patient Advocate for health care matters.
- Exploring ways to defray long term care costs.
- Preserving assets to avoid spousal impoverishment when one spouse must enter a nursing home.
- Assistance with Medicaid Planning and the Medicaid Application process for long term care benefits.
- Guardianships, Conservatorships, and Protective Orders.
- Protecting against elder abuse, neglect, and financial exploitation.
- Exploring options for housing and living arrangements.
- Handling various nursing home issues (payment, admissions, transfers, discharge, resident’s rights, and quality care).
- Estate planning through use of wills, trusts and other documents.