Transactional Legal Assistant
We are currently seeking an experienced Transactional Legal Assistant to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
Job Type: Full time
Compensation: Hourly Position
Full Job Description
Fraser Trebilcock Law Firm is currently seeking an experienced Transactional Legal Assistant to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of 3 attorneys and will also provide support for preparing correspondence, communicating with clients on behalf of their attorneys, scheduling and other tasks as required. The ideal candidate for this position would be forward thinking and successful at working independently. The goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and case management so as to guarantee reliability and consistency in products produced.
- Provide administrative support to 3 attorneys
- Greet visitors and perform initial screening of clients
- Conduct thorough statistical/documentary research
- Source and verify important case intelligence
- Assist with client setup, LARA filing, IRS filings.
- Effectively organize and maintain client files.
- Produce and file various legal documents such as appeals, motions or petitions
- Preserve an updated case record system
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Maintain and update inventories of contact details
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
- High school diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Transactional Legal assistant experience: 5+ years (Required)
- Knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems, transcription software, Dictaphone etc.)
- Working knowledge of litigation management software systems is a plus
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Ability to critically think through obstacles and get results
Candidates must have at least 5 years of legal secretarial experience working within a law firm environment. Must be highly organized, excellent communication skills, and detail orientated. Litigation and court e-filing experience necessary. Minimum typing speed of 75 wpm and exceptional computer skills to work within a MS Word environment required. Excellent salary and benefit package including retirement plan. Salary commensurate with experience.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hourly rate
- Promotional opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- FSA, HSA optional
- Life & AD&D coverage
- Voluntary life coverage – optional
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability - optional
- 401k after 1 year
- Currently – 1 hybrid day per week
- 7-hour shift 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday