Fraser Trebilcock Davis and Dunlap are seeking an estate planning & estate/trust administration legal secretary. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience with knowledge of Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney forms, estate and trust funding and administration including accountings and trust reports, the probate court system, and general management of files.
- Draft Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and other estate planning documents.
- Assist Estate Planning attorneys as needed.
- Assist with trust and estate administration.
- Effectively organize and maintain client files.
- Assist with some office administration.
- Provide administrative support at least to 2 attorneys
- Effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, colleagues, administrators, and shareholders (partners)
- Greet visitors and perform initial screening of clients
- Write case briefs and synopses of depositions, contracts, and testimony
- Conduct thorough statistical/documentary research
- Source and verify important case intelligence
- Produce and file various legal documents such as appeals, motions or petitions
- Preserve an updated case record system
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Maintain and update inventories of contact details
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
- Minimum 5+ years job experience as a legal secretary
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fast thinker/quick learner.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively and independently, and balance conflicting priorities.
- Excellent proofreading skills and clear and concise communication skills
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $28.00 per hour