For more than three decades, Anita G. Fox has managed complex litigation in federal and state courts in Michigan and nationwide, with cases spanning literally from coast-to-coast and in more than 20 states.
Anita is a recognized authority in insurance coverage. She has counseled and represented insurance carriers in a wide variety of coverage disputes, and has lectured for Mealy's Insurance in the U.S. and abroad, in addition to teaching Insurance Law at Michigan State University College of Law. Anita has also handled patent litigation and trademark and copyright disputes, and chairs the firms' Intellectual Property practice. In 2007, Anita was inducted into the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, one of few women in the country to be offered membership in this highly selective organization. She has also served in a staff advisory role on several U.S. Presidential campaigns, and was appointed by Governor Jennifer Granholm to serve as a board member and legal counsel for a number of charitable foundations.
Anita oversaw the firm's Associates and Hiring Committees for several years, and is now Council to the Firm.
Other Professional Experience
- Appointed Special Assistant Attorney General to represent Michigan Insurance Commission in suit brought by Attorney General (2010).
- Legal Counsel, Michigan NGA 2007 (Appointed by the Governor, 2006-2010)
- Vice President, The Children's Trust Fund (Appointed by the Governor, 2004-2009)
- Legal Counsel, The Governor's Residence Foundation (Appointed by the Governor, 2003-present)
- Debate Advance, Clinton/Gore Campaign (1992)
- Director of Scheduling and Advance, Dukakis/Bentsen Campaign (Michigan, 1988)
- National Advance Staff, Mondale/Ferraro Campaign (1984)
- Adjunct Professor, Insurance Law, Michigan State University College of Law
- Mealey's Emerging Insurance Battles Conference, San Diego, CA, December5-6, 1999, Coverage Issues Relating to Claims Against Additional Insured
- Mealey's Emerging Insurance Battles Conference, London, England, June23-24, 1999, Construction Defects
- Mealey's Emerging Insurance Battles Conference, Philadelphia, PA, March12, 1998, Construction Products Defects Claims, Alleged Failure of Construction Products When Incorporated Into Other Structures